EFFECTIVE DATE: August 10, 2015
What Information We Collect.
Account Information. When you first launch the App, we ask you to create an account via Facebook or the registration form within our App. We collect and save the university you attend, your first name, last name, graduation year, and email address.
We may also collect the following information:
Your Content and Usage. We collect any content you submit to the Services. The content includes anything in your posts (for example, photos and links), replies and likes, as well as information about when you submitted the content, when it was viewed, and other activities.
Other Information you Provide to Us. When you contact Campus Pursuit, we will collect any information you volunteer.
Information We Collect Automatically. We may automatically collect information about your use of the Services such as: access time, device ID, application ID or other unique identifier; domain name, IP address, screen views; language information; device name and model; operating system information; your activities within the Services; and the length of time that you are logged in. We may combine this information with other information that we have collected about you.
Social Media Sites. You can like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and promote us on other social media sites. We collect information about who has liked us or followed us. However, we don’t associate your social media account with your Campus Pursuit account, unless you choose to login to our app through Facebook. You may also share pictures and comments through Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram via the App. We store these images.
How We Use Information We Collect.
In general, we use the information we collect from and about you to provide and operate the Services, respond to your requests, and to provide customer service and technical support. We may also use information:
• To tailor the information that we may send or display to you, offer location customization, send you push notifications and alerts, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using our Services.
• To send you notices.
• To display advertising, including advertising that is targeted to you based on your university.
• Verify your identity and prevent spam or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
• To better understand how users access and use our Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
Where Information is Processed.
Campus Pursuit is based in the United States. No matter where you are located, you consent to the processing and transferring of your information in and to the U.S. and other countries. The laws of the U.S. and other countries governing data collection and use may not be as comprehensive or protective as the laws of the country where you live. And, your information may be made available to government or law enforcement requests.
How We Share Information.
You cannot control who views your content; any content you post (i.e. comments) on our app is publicly available. So, if you don’t want to share something publicly, don’t post it. The content you post may be shared with and viewable by others. We identify you on our App by first name to other Campus Pursuit users. However, we cannot prevent others from determining your identity from the content you post or how you share content through third party sites.
The information we collect, including personally identifiable information, may be shared as follows:
• Campus Pursuit Users. Any information that you post, including comments, photos and other information is publicly available. We cannot control how your information is used by others. Your posts are available to all other users. Users can also freely share any Campus Pursuit content, no matter who posted it, through other third party sites by sharing a screenshot of your content. Your posts may be publicly distributed outside of Campus Pursuit by us or third parties.
• Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
• Business Transfers. We may transfer the information we have collected to another company in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business.
• Third Parties and Partners. We may share the information with our third party partners, including advertisers and researchers. For example, if you post content (i.e. a comment or image) that mentions one of our advertisers, we may share that content with them.
• In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, subpoena, or other legal process. For example, we may share any information we have collected about you and your device.
• To Protect Us and Others. We also may disclose information if we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy, or as evidence in litigation in which Campus Pursuit is involved.
• Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may also share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.Invite Contacts.
You can choose to refer people to download our App via a unique URL linked to your Campus Pursuit account. You choose which contacts to invite and when to invite them.
You can delete content you have posted (including comments). Content you delete will be hidden from other users. However, Campus Pursuit may maintain a copy of such content in our records.
We may send push notifications or alerts to your device. These notifications alert you when prizes are hidden around your campus. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your device.
Third Pary Analytics.
We may use automated devices and applications, included those offered by third parties to evaluate usage of our Services. We also may use other analytic means to evaluate our Services. We use these tools to help us improve our Services, performance and user experiences. The information collected may include unique device identifiers, device manufacturer and operating system, IP address, browser type, session start/stop time, and user activity.
Opting-out is not available on the App or Site.
To learn how Google Analytics uses your data from the Site and how to opt out of collection of your information by Google Analytics via the Site please visit http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html and https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. To learn how Localytics uses your data from the App, please visit http://www.localytics.com/privacy-policy/.
Third Party Ads.
Our Services may display ads to you.
Our Services may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites.
You must be at least 13 to use our Services. If you are not at least 13, please do not use our Services or provide any information to us. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at email@example.com
Changes to this Policy.